Some of my Latest Pieces - 2018 to 2021
My pieces are available for sale, contact me or view them at galleries where I am featured. I also do custom commission work if you have a special request or some unique wood that you would like turned into a finished piece.
One-on-one woodturning classes and workshops for up to 2 students are also available. Refer to my Classes page for more information.
Welcome to Frank DiDomizio Creative Woodturning
I enjoy creating unique and artistic woodturning from my bright studio along the shores of Chemong lake, where the changing seasons provide inspiration to develop new designs. My studio and lathe serve as a creative place where wood is chosen as the primary media for exploration. Each new piece is a journey of evolution as it becomes a finished form. My preference is a mix of contemporary and traditional shapes, often highlighted with colour or texture to produce eye-catching pieces, each with their own personality. I also incorporate wire sculptural elements with some pieces.
View my short video showing me at the lathe starting to turn a platter
Upcoming Events - 2021
Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour - September 22 & 23, 2019, see the video for more info: youtu.be/jjizB59BL8U
- Peace River Woodturners remote zoom demo April 2021 - Turning Square Pieces
- Kawartha Woodturners Guild remote interactive zoom demo May 2021 - Turning Square Pieces
- Simcoe, Grey-Bruce and Waterloo guild interactive zoom demo July 2021 - Turning Square Pieces
- Toronto Woodturners Guild interactive zoom demo September 2021 - Turning Square Pieces
- Woodturners guild of Ontario interactive zoom demo October 2021 - Turning Square Pieces
Buckhorn Fine Arts Festival - Show and Sale - Virtual show only for 2021, a live show is scheduled for August 2022 - https://www.buckhornartfestival.ca/
Kawartha Autumn Studio Tour - September 25/26, 2021